Cutting Off Wheels
Check Out The Product Review for Klingspor 1mm Cut Off Blades
Nothing can beat good, solid tools
For us, as the inventor of high-speed cutting-off wheels, it goes without saying that we are interested in the continuous optimization and improvement of our Kronenflex® products.
With increased aggression, a longer service life and the high safety standards you have come to expect from us, our wheels guarantee the satisfaction of our most demanding and important idea generators: our users.
Buy Klingspor Cutting Off Wheels Direct From Us
- Improved stability: The special combination of glass fibre, resins in liquid and dry form and constant production conditions during pressing and firing of the wheels provides for extra high stability.
- High quality raw materials: Perfect adaptation of bonding agent and fillers to the grain type used provides for higher aggression and a longer service life.
- Better performance: Our synthetically manufactured abrasive grits ensure consistently high quality during utilization. With an iron, sulphur and chlorine content of less than 0.1%, our wheels are ideal for all stainless steel applications.
- Time-tested safety: Like all Klingspor products, our latest developments also conform to the stringent oSa regulations and we guarantee compliance with the European EN 12413 safety standard.
Together for perfect results
Normally, the performance of cutting-off wheels is significantly affected by climatic influences during the first few weeks after being manufactured. So that you can make use of all the advantages of our high-performance products resulting from new developments, you receive these cutting-off wheels in the air-tight Kronenflex® box. They remain fresh much longer than products packaged in cardboard boxes, to give you up to 40% more performance.
The safety, cost effectiveness and productivity of our Kronenflex® cutting-off wheels are the result of a balanced combination of state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and the correct on-site use of our tools. The following pages therefore provide detailed information on their manufacture and use.
Kronenflex cutting-off wheel and grinding disc
As the inventor of the high speed cutting-off wheel, it is only natural that we strive to continually develop and improve our Kronenflex products. Kronenflex cutting-off wheels and grinding discs feature an optimal combination of bonding agent and grain type for high aggressiveness, outstanding service life and consistently high quality.
They comply with the highest safety standards, including the oSa regulations and the European safety standard EN 12413. As a result of continuous innovations and the development of special products for diverse requirements, our Kronenflex products offer the optimal solution for all standard materials and applications.
Typical materials for these products
- Stainless steel
- Construction steel
- Cast materials
- Flat irons
- Solid materials
- Mineral materials
Typical applications for these products
- Maintenance and repair work
- Plant construction
- Container construction
- Metal works
- Vehicle construction
Grinding of stainless steel
Stainless steels can be used diversely due to its favourable properties, like corrosion resistance. Of course, the basic requirement for a satisfactory result is the right selection of the material to be used for the intended application. Also the correct surface finish maintains the favourable properties.
For this reason, and also for optical aspects many components of stainless steel are ground at the end of the working process. With regard to the corrosion resistance the finer the surface the higher the resistance against corrosion.
What preconditions have to be fulfilled and what has to be observed during grinding in order to achieve a satisfactory final result?
The surface finish made in the factory, i.e. the rolled, pickled and/or once more heat treated material should be selected so that the original surface corresponds to the surface desired later as close as possible.
For the corrosion resistance it has to be observed in advance that the material is stored and transported properly. That means primarily:
- Avoid any contact with other steels (steel brushes, wire ropes). (cross contamination) This also includes the separate storing of rolled steel.
- Avoid damages to the surface and edges, as well as abrasion.
- Do not store the material in working areas.
There is a multitude of parameters which has an effect on the roughness and the appearance of the processed surface:
- The grinding machine with the corresponding contact elements and working parameters (cutting speeds and feed rates)
- The application of auxiliary supplies (oils and emulsions)
- The quality of the abrasive
Due to these boundary conditions preset by the grinding process no general statement can be made on the interrelation between surface finish achieved and abrasive used. In order to avoid misunderstandings when stipulating the requested surfaces reference samples and roughness values (Ra) should be fixed in advance of working.
Grinding and Corrosion
Irrespective of the stainless steel used, and thus the resistance of the workpiece, the measures listed in the following should be observed implicitly during grinding of noncorrosive steel:
- Do not use grinding tools on standard steel and subsequently on stainless steel!
- Always remove abrasive dust from all surfaces thoroughly!
- Never allow the stainless steel surfaces to come into contact with glowing fountains of sparks!
- The working temperatures have to be so low that no chromium carbides and thus intercrystalline corrosion is formed. If the material blues reworking is absolutely necessary!
Only this ensures that the passive layer in the sectors worked develops newly and the other surfaces are not damaged through pitting corrosion or intercrystalline corrosion.